CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Write On


I haven't writen an original thought in over five months.

I thought by taking a break from writing I would find out if writing was as important to my existence as I once thought. I was very surprised to find that I didn't miss writing.

So should I surmise that being a writer is not who I really am?

Writing is hard work, and I found writing an original stressful. I'm a perfectionist at heart, and I revise as I write. I want to be the type of writer who writes now and thinks later, but it's not in my constitution. I truly miss the idea of writing. At this point I feel stagnate... as if I'm letting an opportunity of a lifetime pass me by. Writing the next great American novel has to be a driving force in one's existence to make a difference. Without the desire to get words on a page, the realm of appearing on a local bookshelf seems a pipe dream.

At this point in my life publishing is not even a thought. I just want an idea for a story that I truly believe has to be told. I want the burning desire to type words.

I want to feel like a writer all over again.

3 comments:

Kelly Krysten said...

I know what ya mean. But don't worry it will come. I have every faith that the right idea will hit you before you know it and you'll feel that burning desire to write again. It doesn't mean you're not awriter when the ideas aren't flowing. Again, don't worry.

Marnee Bailey said...

Lis, I just checked in (I'm so deep in revisions and worrying about GH and whatnot that I've been MIA on checking everyone's blogs, many apologies).

I agree with Kelly.... You'll get that idea some time and you'll be smitten. I wouldn't stress it. Besides, just because you aren't writing currently doesn't mean you aren't a writer. We all are what we are.

Renee said...

Lisa, I hope you're not still stressing over originality.

One of my favorite quotes is- Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born to people you could not have possibly met.
Fran Lebowitz

Anyway, I know that is neither here nor there. I think you should let go of perfectionism when it comes to a first draft. Write from the heart.

Miss ya,

Renee