CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Newest Inspiration

Many people have passed through my life and left footprints on my heart. They gifted me with legacies that shaped my soul, and made me the person I am today. I find inspiration in memories of my dad and my grandparents. They taught me about God from the time I was a small child, and I live through their examples. I desire the ability to be a witness to the people in my life, just as my loved ones have inspired me.





A character from a favorite book series inspired me to pursue a writing career. I fell in love with his mysterious bad boy persona. I didn't care for the lack of direction in his character arc, so I helped him along by writing a 52K fanfic. Ranger got the girl in the end, and I found a never ending desire to create the next great American novel. I still haven't completed an MS or even came close, but I found the inspiration I needed to start. I may never write a traditional romance, but my desire is to inspire readers to seek a higher power through Jesus Christ.





My latest inspiration is my Pastor Mr. Timothy Throckmorton. For the past several years, Tim has written a weekly article in our local town newspapers. He applies and illustrates the word of God through his own life experiences. He reaches out to thousands of people every week by tapping words on his keyboard, sometimes describing some of his most embarrassing and humbling moments. I love and respect Tim because of the reasons he writes. He has such a deep and profound belief in God, he uses every avenue available to reach those who have never read a bible, and those who have, but need a spiritual lift.





Tuesday, June 20th, Tim's first book entitled You Bought the Book, You Name It will be released. I can't express the excitement, and joy I feel for his accomplishment. His book is compiled of some of his past newspaper articles. He didn't publish this book in hopes of fame or fortune. He loves the Lord and wants to share that love with anyone who picks up a copy of this book. I wish this book and Tim much success. May this publication change lives, and show the everlasting glory in God's love. Bless you Pastor.

0 comments: