CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Live for Now



Oprah has announced this is the last season of her talk show, does this mean the dream of my book being her pick of the month is just a fleeting hope? I haven't written a word in so long I don't even consider myself a writer anymore. Every time I hear the announcement of a writer in my network getting that call that all writers live for, it kicks a spark deep in my soul. A desire to poise my fingers over the keyboard, and tell a story.




Life moves so quickly. One blink of an eye, and another year has gone. I find when I do have time to write, exhaustion wins over desire. Sometimes circumstances make one stop and realize that dreams don't happen when wishes die. We often wish our lives away by longing for the weekend. I've recently realized that wonderful things can happen during the work week as well as on a Saturday or Sunday. It's all in the will to grasp opportunities to live for the moment. Once a day is gone, it can never be recovered.




My new motto is- live for now. I intend to make everyday a Saturday or Sunday. I will learn from my work, but I won't wish for any minute to be over. Life is too good not to savor!

0 comments: